Another month, another wonderfully curated Owlcrate Box. The May Owlcrate box featured amazing female characters in their “Fight Like a Girl” box. Some of these women make you want to go out and be stronger, smarter, and more fierce than ever before and the items weren’t bad either! If you want to see my full unboxing you can view it here, or look down below to watch me unbox everything. There are also pictures of everything on my instagram account here! Let’s get started with these items!
- We are all book nerds here and we understand the importance of the library, and no one understood the importance of the library more than our unsung hero Hermoine Granger, she is represented in this box with an enamel pin made by Out of Print and it says “When in Doubt Go to the Library”
- Indigo Eleven was able to capture both the beauty and the strength of our favorite female leads in the Wrath and the Dawn and Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh with a beautiful double sided tassel bookmark
- Once again we were given a gorgeous wall hanging created by Evie Bookish to represent Feyre from A Court of Thorns and Roses
- Sometimes after taking on the responsibility of bringing a whole culture back you sometimes feel like you need a relaxing bath. “Whipped up Wonderful” made a bath bomb inspired by Zélie in Children of Blood and Bone and it is gorgeous!
- We also got an art print made by artist Mélanie Bourgeois representing our very own Wraith, INej from Six of Crows
- Can you believe we got TWO books this month?! Our surprise book this month was Catching Stars by Cayla Keenan and is a young adult fantasy novel and is an exclusive edition from “Oftomes Publishing”
Our book for this month is Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young. It sounds like it’s more on the realm of historical fiction, vikings, fighting, family life and all of that. Of course the cover is an exclusive cover and is also a signed edition with a letter from the author.
What did you think of the items in the box? This theme was one of my favorites, but none of the items are my absolute favorite of all time, but I did love getting two books this month. Let me know what you thought down below, until next time,
Keep turning the Pages
It is unboxing time! It’s time to talk about the April Owlcrate boxes. The theme for April was Shadows and Secrets, and it was filled with great items that made you want to go out and blend with the shadows to figure out someones secrets. Below you’ll find a list of all of the items that were in the box, but if you just want to watch a video, my unboxing video is here and also down below!
- We got a full sized pillow case inspired by Crooked Kingdom and designed by Stella Bookish Art. You can find her designs on RedBubble and Society 6 and also follow her on Instagram
- Some great Deadly Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt coffee by Bones Coffee Company
- Some pencils in order to manage our mischief inspired by Harry Potter designed by Jubilee Designs Studio
- A vinyl sticker inspired by The Young Elites illustrated Jamila Mehio
- A beautiful and deliciously smelling Wildberry Shadowhunter inspired soap by Soap Cauldron
- My favorite part of this box was a sample of Legendary by Stephanie Garber!
- As always there was a collectible pin and the corresponding postcard by @spykles
The book of the month was Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody, which was signed by her as well and we got a letter from Foody! Make sure to follow me on Instagram here to see closer pictures of the items, and you can watch my video to see my reactions to taking out these amazing items from the Shadows and Secrets Box! Let me know what you think, until next time,
Keep turning the Pages
– Short Story –
Her whole life has been about time and how much people do not have left. For Jules time is the root of all her problems because time is used as currency for everything. You can sell an hour, a month, a year just to be able to survive. Jules once grew up in the Everless household with her father where they were servants for the Gerling’s family. When Jules witness a terrible event at Everless, her and her father are forced to leave the only home that they know and try to and hide. As her fathers time starts running out Jules has to make a decision to try and save her family, but it is the only thing her father has asked her not to do, and that is to return to Everless and work there. As she returns to Everless she starts to learn more about her past and information that was hidden from her. She decides to take the chance and to dig deeper into figuring out who she is, and why she was told to never come back to Everless.
– My Thoughts –
I enjoyed the concept of this book, but I did not love this book as much as I wanted to. I loved the thought of time as being currency and how that is used to sustain life. It literally invoked the idea of “time is money”. I loved how much of the history of their world was wound through the present. I did not like how it was executed. I did not like the main character and how she went about things. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves when the characters don’t listen and then find themselves getting into trouble. I did love the antagonist in this book and I was surprised on how well the character surprised me. The love interest was a typical YA trope of the boy you don’t think she should fall in love with is the one who ends up doing the saving. It’s a hyped book that I believe could be skipped in my opinion. Let me know what you think. Until next time,
Keep turning the pages
This Across the Galaxy themed Owlcrate was absolutel out of this world! (see what I did there! okay awkward jokes over) But seriously this box featured some amazing items, and inspired me to read The Illuminae Files, which I absolutely loved. So before I keep gushing, let’s get down to what was in this box. There is also an unboxing video that you can find down below!
- A candle by “Wick and Fable”, there were two different scents sent out, and I received Kady Grant, which has an orange sent to it
- A Guardians of the Galaxy Funko Pop was sent out and multiple ones were sent of this as well. I received Yondu!
- If you don’t have a bookmark by Lexy Olivia you are missing out. You can find her Etsy shop here This bookmark features the most renowned quote from the Star Wars saga
- We also received a gorgeous purple galaxy print infinity scarf that was made by Owlcrate. This has to be one of my favorite items
- Finally we received a mug with a quote from the Lunar Chronicles designed by Sasha Natasha
Can we talk about the book for a second?! The book is stained with PURPLE PAGES!! You have no idea how excited I was to see Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston, with this already amazing cover have stained pages as well. They look absolutely phenomenal.
You can find up close pictures of these items on my Instagram page as well as see them in my unboxing video! I hope you enjoyed this box as much as I did! What was your favorite item, I can’t wait to hear them. Until next time,
Keep turning the pages