The September Owlcrate box was filled with a lot of mischievous items going with their theme of Masters of Disguise! You can subscribe to the Owlcrate box by clicking here to be apart of their subscription list. It is a more affordable box compared to a lot of other boxes if you live in the United States. Now let’s get into this box!
- We got a beautiful, purply, bath soak created by Leeloo Soaps inspired by The Diabolic, which I have not read yet, but it is definitely on my list and on my bookshelves already!
- These Crow Club gloves to help pick any and all locks and to create the most intricate plans in the streets of Ketterdam created by Team Owlcrate
- A wonderful Ceramic Mug featuring our favorite mauraders from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkban and was illustrated by Cara Kozik
- An apple mint lip balm inspired by The Kiss of Deception, which I also haven’t read yet, created by Geek Fire Labs
- An art print featuring Lila Bard from the Shades of Magic series illustrated by Kirsty Carter
Finally the book with it’s gorgeous cover is Mirage by Somaiya Daud! This book is all about a young girl who is kidnapped and forced to be in the royal palace because she looks like the princess that everyone hates. With her life constantly on the line as she impersonates the princess in public settings she has to be extremely careful, so that she does not get killed. This book is also apparently set in a sci-fi situation so it’s kind of like some of my other favorite books, so I’m excited to read it.
This book featured a lot of great items of course the mug being one of them and I can’t wait to use that bath soak!! Let me know what you thought about the box! You can also watch my full unboxing here! Until next time,
Keep turning the Pages
Another month has passed and of course that means another unboxing. I’m as usual super late to getting this to my blog, but here it is! This months box was themed “Ruthless Royals” and featured a lot of items from different books that featured a kingdom where the royal court might have some ruthlessness in it.
👑 A tin inspired by The Cruel Prince featuring artwork with many different quotes from the book. It was designed by @stellabookishart!👑 A s pocket mirror with pouch, inspired by The Belles! Designed by @catarinabookdesigns.
👑 A set of three magnetic bookmarks handmade by @craftedvan featuring three different evil queens from Disney, which have both their normal selves and their alter ego
👑 A kitchen towel inspired by Throne of Glass and designed by the amazing @littleinklingsdesign!
👑 An agate ring from @geocentral. We sent out a whole bunch of different color gems!
👑 Collectible monthly pin and postcard illustrated by @spykles!
👑 The book for August was Grace and Fury by @tracythewriter! It has an exclusive cover that I like a lot more than the original. I started to read it a little bit, but it just wasn’t what i wanted to read at the time.
I recorded my unboxing, which I will link here and below as well! What did you think of this box? Have you read this book?! Let me know! Until next time,
Keep turning the Pages
I know! I’m just trying to catch up on these posts! May I present to you the July Fairyloot “The Power Within” box. It features a lot of items featuring books that forced the characters to find the strength within themselves. I cancelled my monthly subscription a long time ago, but I was really excited for an item featuring Children of Blood and Bone, which is probably my favorite book of 2018. There were a couple more interesting items and you can see all of my reactions to them down below in my unboxing video!
- Heat changing mug designed by Little Inkling Designs with a quote from Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Hodesya
- A lavender and book scented room spray by Geeky Clean, titled Therons Study Room from Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch which I love!
- A tea towel with a quote from And I Darken by Kiersten White, which was unfortunately printed backwards
- A “Ond Elder” vinyl sticker by Reverie and Ink that means Breathe Fire from Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- A broomstick pen inspired by the Harry Potter system written by J.K. Rowling
- An art print of Zelie from Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi created by Diana Worak, most anticipated item and biggest disappointment
The book from this box was Heart of Thorn by Bree Barton, which sounds really good! ( At this point I have read it and I give it an overall 3 stars)
What did you think of the box? I was disappointed in it because I cancelled my monthly subscription and only got it for the Children of Blood and Bone item and it was just an art print, and I HATE art prints. They are beautiful, but I don’t understand what to do with them. What do you think I should do with them. What did you think of the box? Let me know in the comments! Until next time,
Keep turning the Pages
It’s time for another unboxing of my favorite YA Book Box. July’s theme was Strange and Unusual, and it definitely featured some strange and unusual things. I think this was one of the first boxes that I didn’t actually love. It was just filled with some “meh” things. Art prints, stickers, and a small keychain. To me the best part was the special edition cover of My Plain Jane. I think that the cover was awesome! I now actually have 3 copies of this book and I feel like it’s a sign to read it. Everything is listed out below, and at the bottom you can find my unboxing of all of the items! I posted some pictures of the items on my Instagram, so make sure to check it out!
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton (signed, exclusive OwlCrate Edition)
- Raven Boys-inspired Wallet (designed by Reverie & Ink)
- Stranger Things POP Keychain (Funko)
- Miss Peregrine’s-inspired Felt Pennant Flag (designed by Risa Rodil)
- Ouija Mystifying Mints (Boston America Corp)
- Skull Push pins (OwlCrate Original)
- Luna Lovegood-inspired Vinyl Sticker (designed by TJ Lubrano)
- Whale Art Print (designed by Aun-Juli Riddle)
- Exclusive OwlCrate “Skull” Button
- Exclusive My Plain Jane Author Letter & Thornfield Hall Craft Diorama.
What do you think of this box? Any items you really liked? Have you read My Plain Jane? Feel free to subscribe to my channel where I tend to put these things out a little more consistently. I’m trying I promise! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages