I know! I’m just trying to catch up on these posts! May I present to you the July Fairyloot “The Power Within” box. It features a lot of items featuring books that forced the characters to find the strength within themselves. I cancelled my monthly subscription a long time ago, but I was really excited for an item featuring Children of Blood and Bone, which is probably my favorite book of 2018. There were a couple more interesting items and you can see all of my reactions to them down below in my unboxing video!
- Heat changing mug designed by Little Inkling Designs with a quote from Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Hodesya
- A lavender and book scented room spray by Geeky Clean, titled Therons Study Room from Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch which I love!
- A tea towel with a quote from And I Darken by Kiersten White, which was unfortunately printed backwards
- A “Ond Elder” vinyl sticker by Reverie and Ink that means Breathe Fire from Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young
- A broomstick pen inspired by the Harry Potter system written by J.K. Rowling
- An art print of Zelie from Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi created by Diana Worak, most anticipated item and biggest disappointment
The book from this box was Heart of Thorn by Bree Barton, which sounds really good! ( At this point I have read it and I give it an overall 3 stars)
What did you think of the box? I was disappointed in it because I cancelled my monthly subscription and only got it for the Children of Blood and Bone item and it was just an art print, and I HATE art prints. They are beautiful, but I don’t understand what to do with them. What do you think I should do with them. What did you think of the box? Let me know in the comments! Until next time,
Keep turning the Pages
This box was a lot of fun and stayed true to theme! This sci-fi box titled, Warriors of the Stars, is filled with items from some of the classic science fiction adventures, including Star Wars and Marvel’s: Guardians of the Galaxy. Sci-fi is not my favorite genre to read, but I did really enjoy the Illuminae Files Series and I believe if you liked that you will like Sanctuary! There’s a list of items below, and you can find my full unboxing on my Youtube Channel!
- A SIGNED COPY and LitJoy exclusive art of The Young Adult novel: Sanctuary by Caryn Lix
- Lunar Chronicles Trading Cards (Lihn Cinder and Queen Levana)
- Firefly quote full-size pillow. “I’m a leaf in the wind, watch how I soar”. Cuddle up with your pillow and start reading!
- Guardians of the Galaxy cross body tote bag. “I’m Mary Poppins y’all” This is perfect to wear to transport your favorite reads on the go!
- Cute Groot cube art holder This mini Cute Groot weighted photo clip is perfect for displaying all of your LitJoy prints!
- Star Wars “Rebel Scum” enamel pin. Just as Star Wars had its Rebel Resistance, Sanctuary has its rebel prisoners! Now wear your “Rebel Scum” pin with pride!
- “Take Me To Your Reader” bookmark. Enjoy marking the pages of Sanctuary’s alien invasion with this punny bookmark!
- Aloy Print. Many of the descriptions of the non-corporate parts of Earth reminded us of the post-apocalyptic world where Aloy lives and fights
What did you think of this box? The book sounds really good, but a lot of the other items I could have done without. I do love the books that I get in these boxes though because they introduce me to books I probably would have never picked up! Let me know what you think! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages
— Short Story —
— My Thoughts —
It’s time for another unboxing of my favorite YA Book Box. July’s theme was Strange and Unusual, and it definitely featured some strange and unusual things. I think this was one of the first boxes that I didn’t actually love. It was just filled with some “meh” things. Art prints, stickers, and a small keychain. To me the best part was the special edition cover of My Plain Jane. I think that the cover was awesome! I now actually have 3 copies of this book and I feel like it’s a sign to read it. Everything is listed out below, and at the bottom you can find my unboxing of all of the items! I posted some pictures of the items on my Instagram, so make sure to check it out!
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton (signed, exclusive OwlCrate Edition)
- Raven Boys-inspired Wallet (designed by Reverie & Ink)
- Stranger Things POP Keychain (Funko)
- Miss Peregrine’s-inspired Felt Pennant Flag (designed by Risa Rodil)
- Ouija Mystifying Mints (Boston America Corp)
- Skull Push pins (OwlCrate Original)
- Luna Lovegood-inspired Vinyl Sticker (designed by TJ Lubrano)
- Whale Art Print (designed by Aun-Juli Riddle)
- Exclusive OwlCrate “Skull” Button
- Exclusive My Plain Jane Author Letter & Thornfield Hall Craft Diorama.
What do you think of this box? Any items you really liked? Have you read My Plain Jane? Feel free to subscribe to my channel where I tend to put these things out a little more consistently. I’m trying I promise! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages