This post is a long time coming and for some reason I just haven’t put it up on my blog. It has been placed on my youtube channel and you can also watch it down below. These books were some of my favorite reads from 2018. I tried to only pick 5 because I read a lot of good books last year and I didn’t just want to gush about all of the books I read during the year. I still kind of cheated though as I made it into two videos. One video for favorites and one video for favorite romance and contemporaries. As someone who self proclaimed as a fantasy reader, I was surprised at the amount of romance and contemporary that I read during 2018, especially towards the end of the year. Anyway, let’s get down to this list, starting with my favorite reads of 2018! None of these books are in any particular order.
My Favorite YA Fantasy books of 2018:
- Three Dark Crowns, Kendare Blake
- Children of Blood and Bone, Tomi Adeyemi
- Tower of Dawn, Sarah J Maas
- Kingdom of Ash, Sarah J Maas
- An Ember in the Ashes, Sabaa Tahir
A lot of these books I’ve talked about through out the year, and some of them I have reviews up on my youtube channel of. I will link those above, and I talk about some of these books a lot more in the video!
Next up are my favorite my favorite Contemporaries of 2018:
- The Kiss Quotient, Helen Hoang
- The Proposal, Jasmine Guillroy
- Dumplin, Julie Murphy
- Intercepted, Alexa Martin
- Curing Doctor Vincent, Renea Mason
- Odd One Out, Nic Stone
I kind of cheated on this list and added in a sixth just because I felt like all of these needed to be talked about.
What were some of your favorite books of 2018, or maybe you’ve already read some books in 2019 that have blown your mind! Let me know what you’ve been reading because I’m always looking for something new to add to my shelves! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages
This box was a lot of fun and stayed true to theme! This sci-fi box titled, Warriors of the Stars, is filled with items from some of the classic science fiction adventures, including Star Wars and Marvel’s: Guardians of the Galaxy. Sci-fi is not my favorite genre to read, but I did really enjoy the Illuminae Files Series and I believe if you liked that you will like Sanctuary! There’s a list of items below, and you can find my full unboxing on my Youtube Channel!
- A SIGNED COPY and LitJoy exclusive art of The Young Adult novel: Sanctuary by Caryn Lix
- Lunar Chronicles Trading Cards (Lihn Cinder and Queen Levana)
- Firefly quote full-size pillow. “I’m a leaf in the wind, watch how I soar”. Cuddle up with your pillow and start reading!
- Guardians of the Galaxy cross body tote bag. “I’m Mary Poppins y’all” This is perfect to wear to transport your favorite reads on the go!
- Cute Groot cube art holder This mini Cute Groot weighted photo clip is perfect for displaying all of your LitJoy prints!
- Star Wars “Rebel Scum” enamel pin. Just as Star Wars had its Rebel Resistance, Sanctuary has its rebel prisoners! Now wear your “Rebel Scum” pin with pride!
- “Take Me To Your Reader” bookmark. Enjoy marking the pages of Sanctuary’s alien invasion with this punny bookmark!
- Aloy Print. Many of the descriptions of the non-corporate parts of Earth reminded us of the post-apocalyptic world where Aloy lives and fights
What did you think of this box? The book sounds really good, but a lot of the other items I could have done without. I do love the books that I get in these boxes though because they introduce me to books I probably would have never picked up! Let me know what you think! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages
It’s time for another unboxing of my favorite YA Book Box. July’s theme was Strange and Unusual, and it definitely featured some strange and unusual things. I think this was one of the first boxes that I didn’t actually love. It was just filled with some “meh” things. Art prints, stickers, and a small keychain. To me the best part was the special edition cover of My Plain Jane. I think that the cover was awesome! I now actually have 3 copies of this book and I feel like it’s a sign to read it. Everything is listed out below, and at the bottom you can find my unboxing of all of the items! I posted some pictures of the items on my Instagram, so make sure to check it out!
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton (signed, exclusive OwlCrate Edition)
- Raven Boys-inspired Wallet (designed by Reverie & Ink)
- Stranger Things POP Keychain (Funko)
- Miss Peregrine’s-inspired Felt Pennant Flag (designed by Risa Rodil)
- Ouija Mystifying Mints (Boston America Corp)
- Skull Push pins (OwlCrate Original)
- Luna Lovegood-inspired Vinyl Sticker (designed by TJ Lubrano)
- Whale Art Print (designed by Aun-Juli Riddle)
- Exclusive OwlCrate “Skull” Button
- Exclusive My Plain Jane Author Letter & Thornfield Hall Craft Diorama.
What do you think of this box? Any items you really liked? Have you read My Plain Jane? Feel free to subscribe to my channel where I tend to put these things out a little more consistently. I’m trying I promise! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages
— Short Story–
— My Thoughts —
You must be following me on Instagram
You must like the picture
You must tag a friend who you want to take to Antica with you