April 2019 Owlcrate Box, The Dark Side
It May, so that means that it’s time for me to do the box from the previous month because I can never do these on time!! So without anymore procrastination or delay or talking about absolutely nothing before getting to the items, let’s get to the items. You can also find my unboxing video of the items here, or down below!
The theme for April was The Dark Side and featured some of the same books that other boxes have featured before, so nothing new, but some different items.
First off we got a pair of socks all about Six of Crows featuring artwork by Out of Print from the special edition of the book, I do love their stuff, and these socks look great!
If we’re doing one Leigh Bardugo series, we’ll do the other and so we have a scarf representing the Darkling from the Grishaverse and designed by Bookmar’d Tattoos
Up next there was a hardcover notebook designed by Stella Bookish Art, and we all know that I love her designs, this time her artwork features a quote inspired by Throne of Glass
We also got a pin banner, so that you can show off all of your enamel pins, or any bookish pins that you might have acquired and designed by Michelle Gray
For the selfie lovers like myself a Vicious inspired phone holder – pop socket- was included in the box and was designed by Hey AtlasCreative
This months enamel pin was inspired by a beaded necklace the main character in The Wicked Saints, Nadya, wears to help her communicate with the gods. It is absolutely beautiful and designed by Hey AtlasCreative. We also got a fabric book map that goes with the book for the month!
Finally for the book! Of course it is an exclusive cover and it’s also signed. It seems like a world wind of a book featuring magic, princes, blood mage, and assassination plans. The Wicked Saints by Emily A Duncan sounds like it is going to be filled with a fast paced adventure filled with magic.
It was a fun box that highlighted some dark characters. I wish that we could get some different series represented in some of these boxes because we get the same fandoms all the time and there are plenty of series out there that people would love to see items for, but these were still fantastic. Did anyone else notice that the art prints have disappeared?! I did! What did you think of the box? What was your favorite item? Let me know down in the comments, but until next time,
Keep turning the Pages
UNBOXING BOOKTUBE | March 2019 Owlcrate
Here comes another Owlcrate Unboxing! Last month’s box included items from books like Game of Thrones and Nevernight to go with their Murder and Mayhem theme for March. Instead of talking too much about it let’s list out some of the items that are in the box! If you would like to watch me unbox it you can either click here, or you can find it down below!
First up! We’ve got Owlcrate’s first travel mug inspired by Nevernight and designed by Catarina Book Designs.
There an exclusive Owlcrate canvas drawstring backpack designed by Michelle Gray. It has a nifty zipper pouch on the inside, which makes it different than a lot of other “dump” drawstring backpacks
We’ve got a wooden bookmark by the royal wooden bookmark makers themselves Ink and Wonder Designs featuring a Game of Thrones quote paying homage to the Stark Family.
The illustrious candle makers at In the Wick of Time created three different candles inspired by This Savage Song. I got Corsai, which one did you get.
Next up we got a sticker designed by Jamila Mehio inspired by Three Dark Crowns.
The pin was created by Iron and Ink Designs and is an incredible compass pin that helps to represent the book for the month and its four quadrants.
The book of the month was Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte. Four Dead Queens brings total opposites together in a tale filled with twists and turns to figure out who has been murdering the four queens. This definitely seems like a book if you like Three Dark Queens.
For more pictures and to always stay up to date, make sure to follow me on Instagram!
July 2018 Litjoy Crate Unboxing
This box was a lot of fun and stayed true to theme! This sci-fi box titled, Warriors of the Stars, is filled with items from some of the classic science fiction adventures, including Star Wars and Marvel’s: Guardians of the Galaxy. Sci-fi is not my favorite genre to read, but I did really enjoy the Illuminae Files Series and I believe if you liked that you will like Sanctuary! There’s a list of items below, and you can find my full unboxing on my Youtube Channel!
- A SIGNED COPY and LitJoy exclusive art of The Young Adult novel: Sanctuary by Caryn Lix
- Lunar Chronicles Trading Cards (Lihn Cinder and Queen Levana)
- Firefly quote full-size pillow. “I’m a leaf in the wind, watch how I soar”. Cuddle up with your pillow and start reading!
- Guardians of the Galaxy cross body tote bag. “I’m Mary Poppins y’all” This is perfect to wear to transport your favorite reads on the go!
- Cute Groot cube art holder This mini Cute Groot weighted photo clip is perfect for displaying all of your LitJoy prints!
- Star Wars “Rebel Scum” enamel pin. Just as Star Wars had its Rebel Resistance, Sanctuary has its rebel prisoners! Now wear your “Rebel Scum” pin with pride!
- “Take Me To Your Reader” bookmark. Enjoy marking the pages of Sanctuary’s alien invasion with this punny bookmark!
- Aloy Print. Many of the descriptions of the non-corporate parts of Earth reminded us of the post-apocalyptic world where Aloy lives and fights
What did you think of this box? The book sounds really good, but a lot of the other items I could have done without. I do love the books that I get in these boxes though because they introduce me to books I probably would have never picked up! Let me know what you think! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages
July 2018 Owlcrate Unboxing
It’s time for another unboxing of my favorite YA Book Box. July’s theme was Strange and Unusual, and it definitely featured some strange and unusual things. I think this was one of the first boxes that I didn’t actually love. It was just filled with some “meh” things. Art prints, stickers, and a small keychain. To me the best part was the special edition cover of My Plain Jane. I think that the cover was awesome! I now actually have 3 copies of this book and I feel like it’s a sign to read it. Everything is listed out below, and at the bottom you can find my unboxing of all of the items! I posted some pictures of the items on my Instagram, so make sure to check it out!
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton (signed, exclusive OwlCrate Edition)
- Raven Boys-inspired Wallet (designed by Reverie & Ink)
- Stranger Things POP Keychain (Funko)
- Miss Peregrine’s-inspired Felt Pennant Flag (designed by Risa Rodil)
- Ouija Mystifying Mints (Boston America Corp)
- Skull Push pins (OwlCrate Original)
- Luna Lovegood-inspired Vinyl Sticker (designed by TJ Lubrano)
- Whale Art Print (designed by Aun-Juli Riddle)
- Exclusive OwlCrate “Skull” Button
- Exclusive My Plain Jane Author Letter & Thornfield Hall Craft Diorama.
What do you think of this box? Any items you really liked? Have you read My Plain Jane? Feel free to subscribe to my channel where I tend to put these things out a little more consistently. I’m trying I promise! Until next time,
Keep Turning the Pages